This is a career-defining opportunity for a Property Casualty Agent with proven success developing small commercial or personal lines business who is motivated by professional growth and unlimited income serving clients in the health care industry. We are a mission-driven insurance agency owned by the Wisconsin Medical Society, the professional association for physicians in Wisconsin. Our vision is to be a “Lifetime Financial Partner” to our clients, and our number one job is to protect their financial security, so our clients can focus on delivering the best health care to patients.
We are seeking a person with innovative thoughts and ideas who can contribute to the organization’s future by development of new business using emerging insure-tech, AI and digital data-driven platforms to efficiently provide customized and personalized service. This position requires ingenuity, creativity, and persuasion in the development of relationships with current members and outside sales. Our target market allows you to focus on a very desirable niche with the partnership and backing of the Wisconsin Medical Society.
- Grow Agency Revenue:
- Develop new healthcare professional and business insurance clients from existing prospects, Wisconsin Medical Society members and own efforts of cold and warm calling and relationship building.
- Round out additional P&C coverages for existing clients (Businessowners package, Management Liability, Cyber Liability, Medical Professional Liability).
- Develop new programs for non-physician medical professionals (e.g., Chiropractors, Wellness Clinics, etc.), Medtech, Healthtech and emerging health care organizations.
- Cross sell – set up opportunities for Life, Disability and Group Benefit Agents to cross-sell.
- Partner with Highly Experienced Agent to Renew & Grow Existing Book of Physicians & Clinics
- Role will be to develop relationships, provide excellent service, retain and grow an existing group of clients. WisMed Assure agents handle the insurance needs of our clients in a professional, accurate and timely manner as outlined in our Agency Standards and act as an advocate for the client.
Professionalism Required and Supported:
- Attend events to develop professional knowledge.
- Develop professional relationships or networks.
- Identify insurance and risk needs and explain protection to clients.
- Maintain prospect database and documentation of client interactions.
- Negotiate and review quote and coverage options.
- Present to and educate clients so they better understand their risk and coverage.
Wisconsin Medical Society Insurance, DBA WisMed Assure, is a multi-line, independent insurance agency established in 1975 and based in Madison. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Wisconsin Medical Society, the professional association for physicians in Wisconsin. This position is full-time 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, 5 days/week for a 37.5-hour work week and will be based out of our Madison, WI location, though we offer in-office, remote, and hybrid working arrangements.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time exempt position and can be based out of our Madison or Milwaukee offices with flexibility for remote working. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes:
- Combination Salary + Commission and Bonus Potential with Paid Time Off
- Office Overhead & Support, Licensing, CE, Marketing and Travel Expense Reimbursement
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability plans
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Wisconsin Insurance License for Property & Casualty with preferably 3-5 years of proven sales experience
- Associate or bachelor’s degree – insurance/risk management, finance, economics, psychology or related is a plus
- Willingness to travel statewide with a valid driver’s license and own vehicle
- Experience with agency/client management systems, rating systems, strong personal computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong communication and presentation skills and social media savvy
- This is a fulltime position requiring attendance during core business hours. The employee must be able to work under short deadlines and compressed schedules in a work environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and intense interpersonal demands. This requires daily use of a computer, using various software applications with exposure to a normal physical office environment.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer.