WISMED ASSURE may collect nonpublic personal information to provide services usual and customary to independent insurance agents/ brokers, including, but not limited to, determining eligibility for insurance. WISMED ASSURE discloses this information only to authorized employees of insurance companies and other vendors whileperforming insurance services on behalf of our Customers, and only to the extent permitted by federal and state law.
What Information We Collect and How
WISMED ASSURE collects nonpublic personal information about our Customers from the following sources:
- Applications or forms that you complete; this information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, email address, social security number, date of birth, marital status, and medical information or claim history.
- Business financial information, revenue, expenses, compensation, financial statements, and other relevant entity information used for placing insurance coverage.
- Your transactions with us or our affiliates; this information may include, but is not limited to, your insurance coverage premiums and selection, premium payment and claims history necessary for billing and payment.
- Consumer reporting agencies (i.e., credit relationships and history, motor vehicle reports, and claims history).
- Other sources (i.e., medical information, demographic information and information as defined in the Internet Policy below).
Information We May Disclose To Third Parties
We do not share information about our Customers or former Customers with non-affiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. However, we may disclose the information that we collect (as described above) about you or others without your consent for the following reasons:
- To provide services and process the insurance needs of our Customers, which services may include, but are not limited to, underwriting, obtaining competitive quotes at renewal, rating, placement and providing quotes for insurance that are germane to the coverage the Customer places with the agency.
- To resolve Customer disputes and inquires.
- To respond to individuals or entities that assess our legal compliance.
- To respond to requests for information in compliance with state or federal law.
- To protect the confidentiality or security of our Customer records.
- To protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability as it relates to insurance transactions.
Our Practices Regarding Information Confidentiality and Security
WISMED ASSURE restricts access to nonpublic personal information to those WISMED ASSURE employees who need to know the information to provide products or services to our Customers. We require those individuals to whom we permit access to such information to complete security and confidentiality training. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable regulatory and commercially reasonable standards.
The specific types of safeguards we utilize will depend upon the sensitivity, amount, extent of distribution, format, type of storage, as set forth by WISMED ASSURE policies or federal law(s).
WISMED ASSURE provides insurance products and services to corporate clients, institutional clients, organizations, and to individual or personal lines clients.
For non-individual clients, express consent of individual employees is generally not feasible or necessary in most circumstances. Nevertheless, WISMED ASSURE will rely upon voluntary disclosures of nonpublic information in applications or other underwriting information as consent for our collection, use, and disclosure of such information for the purpose of providing insurance products and services.
For individual or personal lines clients, the appointment of WISMED ASSURE as the Agent of Record is an express agreement and consent to collect, use, and disclose nonpublic information for the purpose of providing insurance products and services.
Please note that withdrawing or withholding consent for us to collect and use nonpublic personal information may prevent WISMED ASSURE from providing insurance products and services on your behalf.
WISMED ASSURE is capable of collecting various bits of information from Customers without their active participation. Such information might include IP address, browser type/version, and computer platform. Your browser automatically submits this information to correctly fulfill page requests. No other information will be obtained from you without your consent.
Accuracy and Access to Information
For WISMED ASSURE to maintain the accuracy of any information it collects, uses, and discloses, we request that our Customers keep us informed about any changes to their information that may be relevant to the insurance products and services we provide. Upon written request, and subject to certain legal restrictions, we will provide you with reasonable access to your nonpublic personal information. You have the right to request that any inaccurate information be amended. All such requests should be designated to WISMED ASSURE’s Privacy Officer.
Further Information, Complaints or to Withdraw Consent
To access to your nonpublic personal information, request further information, file a complaint, or withdraw consent please contact: Justin Sawran, Director of Operations
WISMED ASSURE Privacy Officer
Articles and Information Disclosure
The articles and information contained in WisMed Assure newsletters and blogs may include a brief overview of terms and phrases used within the insurance and financial industries. These definitions are not applicable in all states or for all insurance and financial products. This is not an insurance contract. Other terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Please read your official policy for full details about coverages. These definitions do not alter or modify the terms of any insurance contract. If there is any conflict between these definitions and the provisions of the applicable insurance policy, the terms of the policy control. If you have questions, or would like to be connected with a WisMed Assure agent to discuss your situation, please contact email@example.com.