By Laura Kinart
WisMed Assure Account Executive
The best time to explore and understand Medicare Supplement Insurance is well before you turn age 65.
Medicare Supplement Insurance is health insurance that pays some of the health care costs that Medicare doesn’t cover. This includes costs like coinsurance, copayments, and deductibles among others.
The ins and outs of Medicare and supplement insurance can be confusing, and it is best for you to seek advice from an insurance expert who takes the time to fully understand your current situation and the future needs of you and your family.
Because WisMed Assure is the only insurance agency in Wisconsin working exclusively with physicians and the healthcare community (healthcare is our only business), we may be your best choice when it comes time to figure out what you need to do about Medicare and Medicare Supplement Insurance.
Our knowledgeable staff understands Medicare and supplement insurance. Even more importantly, we hold ourselves accountable for giving you everything you need to make the best decisions and feel confident while doing so.
A starting point in decision making is to pick the right company to work with. At WisMed Assure we partner with Wisconsin Physicians Service Insurance Corporation, commonly known as WPS, to provide what we feel are the very best supplement insurance options.
WisMed Assure and WPS have common roots, we were both started by the Wisconsin Medical Society; WPS in 1946 and WisMed Assure in 1981 (We were originally known as Wisconsin Medical Society Insurance and Financial Services, Inc., we took on our new name in 2019.)
Here are some important facts for you to consider:
- Medicare alone is not enough, you need to make sure you have a supplement to fill in the gaps that Medicare leaves.
- Medicare Supplement Insurance can be used anywhere in the US, so there is no worry of having “out of pocket” charges.
- Coverage begins on the first of the month that you turn 65 and/or enroll in Medicare Part B, or on the effective date you request up to three months in the future.
- If Medicare Covers it, so does the Supplement!
- WPS has a local customer service center to help out if needed and they give you the help you need, quickly and accurately because they only work with supplements.
- WPS offers a 7% discount to households with two members on a WPS Medicare Supplement.
- In 2019, WPS Health Solutions was named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® for the 10th year in a row by the international Ethisphere® Institute.
- Optional Dental Coverage is available
- Silver & Fit program is available on base plans which provides discounts to local gyms as well as discounts on fitness products.
- All WPS Medicare supplement insurance plan customers receive access to the EyeMed Vision Care discount program at no additional cost. EyeMed offers substantial savings on eye care and eyewear at thousands of provider locations nationwide.
- Hear in America program is also available to all WPS Medicare Supplement insurance plan customers – offering discounts on hearing aids (which are not covered by Medicare).
- Profits earned by WisMed Assure directly support the mission and vision of the Wisconsin Medical Society.
If it is time for you to explore, understand and make the best possible decisions about Medicare and Medicare Supplement Insurance, it’s time to call WisMed Assure.